- From the south-west of Slovakia to the south-east of the country, a stretch of more than 600 kilometers, with vineyards producing excellent wines for already more than 1.000 years.
- The best known wine regions are the south eastern slopes of the Small Carpathian Mountains and the Tokaj region. But in between there are 4 other regions that we would like to show you.
- Of all beverages, Slovakia is best known for its excellent 'pilsner' beer and plum brandy, the so-called slivovica. Slovak wines are much less known to the outside world, which doesn't mean that they do not deserve to be known. On the contrary. With its more than 1.000 years of wine producing history, Slovakia is one of the traditional wine producing countries in Europe.
- There are 40 listed varieties of grapes in Slovakia, 6 vineyard regions and 603 vineyard villages. There are still wines, sparkling wines and there is the unique Tokaj.
- Some excellent white varieties in Slovakia: Green Veltlin, Italian Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Rhine Riesling, Red Traminer, Muscat Ottonel.
- Some popular international varieties of white wines being produced in Slovakia: Chardonnay, Sauvignon; Slovak red wines: Blue Frankovka, St. Laurent; International red wine from Slovakia: Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Of the 6 wine regions of Slovakia, most famous are Small Carpathian and Tokaj. The other 4 are South Slovakia, Nitra region, Central Slovakia and Eastern Slovakia.
- Amazing-Slovakia will take you to small wine producers for wine tasting in their cellars that are hundreds of years old, a very intimate atmosphere of friendlines combined with quality.